You’ve been reading some very heavy posts lately, and I don’t want to wear out my welcome. So I’m giving you the day off. Thanks for visiting with me every Friday. I love our discussions, but now it’s time to take a break.
Before you go, though, here are some suggestions from Dr. Daniel Amen (Change Your Brain, Change Your Life). These are excerpted from “A Summary of Ways to Optimize Brain Function and Break Bad Brain Habits.”
- Spend time with positive uplifting people. Spend time with people you want to be like. (We tend to become like the people with whom we hang out.)
- Surround yourself with delightful fragrances and aromas. (The sense of smell bypasses analysis by the cerebral cortex and goes directly to the deep limbic area of the brain, producing feelings and emotions.)
- Exercise, learn diaphragmatic breathing, and meditate on a daily basis (to calm the anxiety centers of the brain).
- Develop clear goals for your life and reaffirm them every day.
- Sing, hum, listen to uplifting music, and move in rhythm as often as possible.
Now, go play. See you next Friday.